Waiting long hours for dinner annoys. Not having enough counter space annoys. Knowing how to make only toast annoys. Thank heavens for instant pots. An instant pot is an unbelievably fast and intelligent electric cooker. It has functions of several cooking machines like rice cooker, slow cooker, pressure cooker, steamer, yogurt maker, and warming pot all combined. Traditionally, gas stoves are believed to be strong and save money, but instant pots are much better in the long run.
If you want to join the instant pot bandwagon, be sure to search among lots of models in the market. Most instant pots are similar in terms of size and wattage. However, built-in heat, pressure levels, and smart program settings vary from model to model. Here, you will find the best instant pot models available in the market.
Reviews of the Best Instant Pots
1. Instant Pot Duo
- 7 SMART PROGRAMS: make cooking your favorite rice, oatmeal, and grains to fluffy perfection super-fast and one touch easy!
- STEAM VEGGIES: Easily steam veggies, fish and more!
- DOUBLES AS A WARMER: Keep foods nice and warm during pot lucks, parties, picnics and more!
- 11 CUP CAPACITY: 4-Cup (Uncooked)/8-Cup (Cooked). Its compact capacity is perfect for preparing small individual meals, or meal prep side dishes.
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: In addition to the non-stick ceramic coated pot, the Zest Plus also comes with a dishwasher-safe steamer tray, rice measuring cup and rice spoon.
The instant pot Duo is the bestselling pot on Amazon. It offers all the average features of an instant pot with extra settings for making homemade yogurt. It comes in three sizes that include 3- quart, 6-quart, and 8-quart options. The instant pot Duo is a 7 in 1 pot as it carries out functions of seven different kitchen appliances.
It replaces a pressure cooker, rice cooker, slow cooker, Sauté, warmer, steamer, and a yogurt maker. The inner pot is made of stainless steel and boasts a 3-ply bottom, ensuring even heat distribution.
This exceptional pot also had added features, including a 'delay start' tool and 'keep warm' function. It allows low and high-pressure cooking giving one control over the cooking temperature of lentils and soups. It also has user-friendly add-ons like large handles that allow easy opening and closing.
The extra slots on side handles can be used to prop up the lid when not in use. The cord is detachable, making the instant pot easy to store in tight cabinets. With a normal price range, this is probably the best instant pot to spend your bucks.
Overall, this Instant Pot Duo is worth the price due to its multi-functionality and control it provides which is really convenient for parents when preparing food.
2. Instant Pot Lux
- Cooks fast & saves time: The Instant Pot Duo Multi-Cooker combines 6 Appliances in one: pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer and warmer – and cooks up to 70% faster
- Consistently delicious: 12 one-touch smart programs put cooking ribs, soups, beans, rice, poultry, desserts and more on autopilot – with tasty results
- Easy to clean: Fingerprint-resistant stainless steel lid and components and accessories are dishwasher safe
- Advanced safety protection: The 10+ built-in safety features, including overheat protection, safety lock and more to ensure safe pressure cooking.
- Accessories included: Stainless steel steam rack with handles, rice paddle, soup spoon, measuring cup and condensation collector
The instant pot Lux is a basic 6-in-1 multi-purpose cooker. It slowly cooks in a low pressure, makes rice, sautés, and steams, and has the 'keep warm' feature. The remarkable feature of the lux pot is its ability to pressure cook on low. It has the capability to cook on high but is not necessary for basic home cooking. The built-in timer can be used to prevent overcooking.
The instant pot Lux saves a lot of hours when cooking dishes like stew, chili, or hearty chunks of meat. It comes in four sizes; 3-quart, 5-quart, 6-quart, and 8-quart. They have 12 preset programs, including stew, soup, cake, rice, egg, steam, porridge, multigrain, pressure cook, slow cook, and keep warm. It additionally has 7 preset temperatures.
All in all, the built-in timer for prevention over cooking along with its capability to pressure cook under low temperature makes this Instant Pot Lux a convenient and efficient instant pot.
3. Instant pot Duo plus Mini
- ELECTRIC DUTCH OVEN: Delivering gourmet results right on your countertop.
- 5-in-1 FUNCTIONALITY: Braise, slow cooking, sear or sauté, cooking pan and warmer, making it the perfect wedding gift, new home gift or bridal shower gift!
- PRECISION COOKING: Featuring a Dutch oven that allows exact temperature and time control that you simply cannot get from cooking on a stovetop.
- VERSATILE ELEGANCE: Heavy-duty enameled cast-iron cooking pot is removable, oven and stovetop-safe allowing the same features as a traditional Dutch oven and looks beautiful on your table.
- TENDER RESULTS: Matching lid has self-braising grid on underside to keep food evenly moist.
The Duo plus mini has a tiny size that stays low-key on the countertop. This model has all the features of the bestselling Instant Duo pot with additional features. They include making eggs, making cakes, and sterilizing. The sterilizing program allows for pasteurizing milk, sterilizing baby bottles, utensils and jars. An additional feature is the upgraded display. It is bigger, bluer, and with brighter LED backlighting compared to the Duo model.
The mini version features three prongs electric cord and low and high-pressure cooking and uses less power than large instant pots. This pot allows for editing of the cooking time and pressure level while the machine is in use, unlike the Duo that forces one to cancel the cooking. It also gives the option of silencing the alarms. The non-stick stainless pot's quality is definitely top-notch, taking pride in reliability, ease of cleaning, and durability.
Despite it's small size, this Duo plus mini have all the features you are looking for in a conventional instant pot which is a good choice for small kitchens.
4. Instant Pot Ultra
- 9-IN-1 FUNCTIONALITY: Pressure cook, slow cook, rice cooker, yogurt maker, steamer, sauté pan, yogurt maker, sterilizer and food warmer.
- IMPROVED STRESS-FREE VENTING: Intuitive and simple, our improved easy-release steam switch makes releasing steam easier than ever, and it automatically resets when the lid is closed.
- REALTIME FEEDBACK: The easy-to-read display includes a full cooking progress bar lets you know what stage of the cooking program you’ve reached.
- QUICK ONE-TOUCH COOKING: 15 customizable Smart Programs for pressure cooking ribs, soups, beans, rice, poultry, yogurt, desserts and more.
- VERSATILE INNER COOKING POT: Food-grade stainless-steel cooking pot with a tri-ply bottom offers more even cooking and an anti-spin design that secures the pot for perfect sautéing.
The Instant pot Ultra has endless options for customization. The key feature is the ultra button, also known as the instant pot's sous vide feature. It allows users to set low temperatures between 104F and 208F and continue cooking at that temperature in a near-vacuum. This makes the appliance both a zero-pressure cooker and a pressure cooker.
The other exciting feature is bright and easy to read LED display. It allows for easy access, easy maneuvering, and adjustability. It has useful visual prompts for preheating, cooking, and warming, and as if that's not cool enough, it has audio jingles that tell the locking status of the lid. Additional features include an auto-sealing valve, a large screen, extra cooking programs, cooking indicators, altitude adjustments, and a steam-release button.
The altitude adjustment feature allows for better control for precision cooking. The pressure release button quickly stops the cooking process from overcooking and protecting from possible injury caused by steam. These components are convenient for chefs who love experimenting with new recipes. Plus, it looks very sleek!
Due to the precision it offers, the Instant Pot Ultra it offers new doors for experimenting new recipes which is very useful for chefs or cooking enthusiasts alike.
Tips to Choose the Best Instant Pot
When choosing an instant pot, it’s important to keep in mind that there is no one pot, there are various models in the market. Before purchasing, consider the following features;
- Sizes- there are four instant pot sizes ranging from small to large. The 3-quart cooks for 1-2 people, 6-quart feeds 3-6 people, 8-quart cooks for 6-10 people while 10-quart cooks for large families.
- Programs- each instant pot has a minimum of six built-in smart programs. Different models have varying additional features. Some are slightly more or less multi-purpose and game- changing than others
- Cost- as the additional features increase, so does the cost. Instant pots with more customization options are easy to use but expensive. Your specific needs dictate the features an instant pot should have.
Food specific options and models will be the tiebreaker when it comes to choosing the best instant pot. The choice depends on the person cooking and their cooking needs. Instant pots are convenient, save time, easy to clean, conserve energy, and safe to use. They have safety built-in mechanisms such as lid-closing, automatic pressure controls, steam control, and high-temperature warning. They are definitely worth your time and money!
Last update on 2022-07-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API