As the name suggests, umbrella strollers simply fold up like umbrellas. As such, they are smaller compared to full-sized strollers. The compact nature of these strollers sacrifices some features but makes them perfect for grocery store shopping, transport, and traveling. They are also overly portable and can easily fit the trunk of your car or on an airplane. Surprisingly, despite the many options available on the market, only a few make the cut. That said, below are the best umbrella strollers to consider.
Reviews of the Best Umbrella Strollers
1. Summer Infant 3D Umbrella Lite Stroller
- LIGHTWEIGHT – A lightweight stroller makes any outing a little easier. The Summer 3Dlite Convenience Stroller has a durable aluminum frame that weighs just 13 pounds and has a large seat area, plus anti-shock front wheels and lockable rear wheels.
- FOR TRAVEL AND EVERYDAY – Whether you’re traveling or just on the go running everyday errands, having a lightweight, compact stroller is a must. With this one easy to use stroller, you’ll have both an everyday and travel stroller option.
- 4-POSITION RECLINE – Keep your little one comfortable and safe at all times with the 4 position recline and 5 point safety harness. Maximum weight and height of child for this toddler stroller: 50 pounds and 43 inches.
- COMPACT FOLD – The easy compact fold with carry strap and auto lock makes it simple to store this lightweight umbrella stroller and bring it with you to go. Plus, the adjustable and removable canopy with flip out sun visor is perfect for sunny days.
- EXTRA STORAGE – With plenty of storage in this stroller, you won’t have to leave anything at home. It includes an extra-large storage basket, rear storage pocket and cup holder. Don’t overload storage basket: maximum of 10 pounds
The Summer Infant 3D Umbrella Lite Stroller is an excellent umbrella stroller for the money. The unit packs all the important features that make traveling easier. It is a lightweight yet sturdy stroller despite being lower than most strollers. An outstanding feature is the multi-position seat, which reclines to provide maximum comfort when your baby is taking naps.
You will also like the easily adjustable eat straps that secure the baby securely and comfortably. As for its performance, the seat is overly comfortable, thanks to the well-padded and roomy seat. It comes with a five-point harness, buckle, and shoulder straps covered with fabric to ensure that they won’t dig into your baby’s crotch and arms.
The Summer Infant 3D Umbrella Lite Stroller handles are sturdy and comfortable, making them perfect for tall parents. The six-inch wheels are also easy to turn and push around, regardless of the terrain.
This Summer Infant 3D Umbrella Lite Stroller with its multi-position seat makes it one of the best buys for umbrella strollers for your babies.
2. Kolcraft Cloud Lightweight Umbrella Stroller
- LIGHTWEIGHT – Travel-friendly lightweight design (only 9.5 lbs), perfect for traveling and day trips
- LARGE CANOPY – Extended sun canopy and rear hood provide more sun coverage and UV protection.
- EASY FOLD -- Simple and compact 1-step fold makes travel a breeze.
- COOL MESH -- Cool-climate roll-up exposes mesh for increased air circulation and creates a headrest.
- ROOMY STORAGE -- Storage basket holds all baby's necessities. Parent cup holder included.
The Kolcraft Cloud Lightweight Umbrella Stroller is an excellent umbrella stroller for parents who love traveling. Despite being a simple stroller, it packs all the necessary features required in a toddler stroller. Starting with the seat, it is well padded to provide maximum comfort. The extended canopy is also large enough to provide enough shade with a vented back.
Storing the stroller is easy, as it folds down easily to a small and light size. Pushing it around is also easy, thanks to its comfortable handles. To accommodate traveling parents, it comes with sufficient storage compartments, including an easy to access underground basket and cup holders.
You should try this Kolcraft Cloud Lightweight Umbrella Stroller if you are always on the go. Due to its light-weight and easy to store construction this is the perfect umbrella stroller for travelling.
3. Joovy New Groove Ultralight Umbrella Stroller
- Your child can nap from newborn to 55 pounds in a near-flat recline
- UPF 50 canopy provides sun protection plus peek-a-boo window. The maximum height of a child the product is designed to carry is 44 inches
- 2 cup holders and zippered storage pocket. Compact standing umbrella fold. Zero-Hunch Handlebars
- Lightweight aluminum frame, stroller weighs just 14 lbs. Open size: 32 x 19.75 x 42.50 inches ; Folded size: 43.75 x 14 x 10 inches
- Compact standing fold - see video for folding details. Spot clean only
Weighing only 16 pounds, the Joovy New Groove Ultralight Umbrella Stroller is an excellent lightweight stroller. The six-inch wheels make the stroller easy to maneuver on all terrains. Your baby can also take comfortable naps, thanks to its reclining seat that folds into multiple positions. To ease portability, the stroller stands on its own even when folded. The sun canopy is also generous and comes with a peekaboo window.
Unlike other umbrella strollers that your child will use for a few months, the Joovy New Groove Ultralight Umbrella Stroller can be used by children of various ages. The nice padding on the seat provides unmatched comfort, even if your baby sits for extended periods. It also comes with an extended footrest, implying that any child can comfortably use it. The stroller comes with a spacious storage basket, two cup holders, and mesh seat pockets.
This Joovy New Groove Ultralight Umbrella Stroller is perfect for parents who are planning on saving money since this can be used for various ages unlike most umbrella strollers.
4. Delta Children LX Side by Side Tandem Umbrella Stroller
Parents blessed with twins often find challenges when searching for a twin-friendly baby stroller. Fortunately, the Delta Children LX Side by Side Tandem Umbrella Stroller is a savior. It also accommodates older children. The unit is lightweight, sturdy, and comfortable to push around.
From its height, this stroller is perfect for tall parents, as they will have an easy time pushing around. It features nicely padded seats coupled with strong and comfortable straps that provide both comfort and security. The seats recline, ensuring that your babies sit in comfortable positions.
While the Delta Children LX Side by Side Tandem Umbrella Stroller is not much fancy, it does its job perfectly. It is easy to fold and folds compactly for easy storage. Unfolding is also effortless. To accommodate twins, it comes with a large storage bag, as parents have to carry double the items when moving around with twins.
Even though this Delta Children LX Side by Side Tandem Umbrella Stroller doesn't have any fancy design it is perfect choice for parents who have twins since its made exactly for them and aside from that it also can be used for older children due to is size.
What to Look for in Good Umbrella Strollers
With multiple umbrella stroller brands available, you should consider several factors before making a purchase. Some considerations include;
Umbrella strollers come in handy when traveling with your baby. Therefore, weight is a significant consideration, as you will have to lift or carry the stroller often. Lightweight strollers that come with carrying straps are the best.
Baby strollers are only beneficial if they are maneuverable. However, the type of wheels and terrain the wheels can handle determines the ease of maneuverability. As such, go for strollers with large, sturdy, and strong wheels.
- Seat Comfort
Your baby stroller should be comfortable for your baby. Great seats should be padded with a good back and side support to allow the baby lean when napping.
- Reclining Seats
Another incredible feature of umbrella strollers is the ability to recline seats. Strollers with reclining seats will allow your baby to lean back and sit upright comfortably.
Other key features to consider when shopping for your umbrella stroller is the handle height, storage, ease of assembly, and foldability.
While you may need a sturdy and full-sized stroller, packing for weekend trips, running errands, and frequent travels may force you to downsize. This is where umbrella strollers come in handy. They suit on-the-go parents looking for something easy to carry around. Despite the lightweight, umbrella strollers can fold down to small, compact, and portable sizes. The majority of umbrella stroller suit babies who are 6 months or older or can sit independently. You can choose either of the above models as your main stroller or secondary stroller for use in specific situations.
Last update on 2021-06-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API