Let’s face it. Family vacations are something we look forward to each year. One of the perfect places to vacation as a family is none other than the beach. You will find a plethora of amazing beaches throughout the country.
Feeling the sand between your toes, listening to the crashing of waves at night, making sandcastles, and soaking under the sun together as a family can be some of the most unforgettable moments of the year. Are you currently thinking about where you can plan your family vacation this summer?
Look no further because this post got you covered!
Only 21 of the 50 States in America touch either the Pacific or the Atlantic oceans. This may mean that you cant find a beach near your home, or even within your state. However, there are hundreds of beaches in the United States. While all offer the beauty of the ocean to tourists, some are not family friendly.
The perfect beach resort for families to understand how to keep both adults and children happy by providing amazing activities for all ages, apart from nightlife and nanny services. After all, the perfect beach vacations with children also offer alone time for the parents.
How We Choose the List
We picked the family beach vacation spots in this list through the following factors:
- Activities and play spaces
- Home-like characteristics
- Value-added extras
- All-inclusive activities
- Water parks and swimming pools
- Entertainment for the whole family
- All-inclusive meal plans
Why Are They Good for Families?
The names we have mentioned above are some of the best in the category of family beach vacation spots, which are eager to go the extra mile to make sure you and your whole family have the best vacation time possible.
These are all family-friendly beach vacation sports in the US, which are ideally comfortable for toddlers and even older kids. The resorts, as we have noticed, have a kid’s club that takes good care of the kids and involves them in all types of activities they are certain to have a blast doing.
You see, the magic of these beach vacation spots is that you’ll want to keep coming back after you go. Some resorts have many pools with an array of apparatus and gear, while some have direct access to the beach. Of course, the latter is perfect.
Let’s check out our top pick of the 15 best family beach vacation spots in the US you should visit soon!
- Winnetu Oceanside Resort in Massachusetts
The people at Winnetu Oceanside Resort genuinely understand how to create a family vacation wonderful and relaxing, given that they are family-owned by folks who understand what it is like to become parents.
The resort has handmade a creative menu of activities, which keeps children of all ages running around outside, visiting a nearby farm, discovering the tides, and making sandcastles. This resort is perched along a lovely stretch of South Beach in Edgartown.
Teens thirteen to sixteen years old can participate in Martha’s Vineyard Adventure Camp for some mountain biking, orienteering, and kayaking. You see, families can hike, take a ride on an ancient fire truck, play classic lawn games, and more.
2 Sea Island in Georgia
Why don’t you take a step back in time to a bygone period of ancient, southern charm on Sea Island? This beach spot for the family is an attractive gem among the Golden Isles in Georgie. The island is also steeped in pristine natural beauty and abundant history while surrounded by the Black Banks River to the west and five miles of dune-fringed.
At the core of the resort, you will find a Mediterranean-inspired Cloister and adjacent Beach Club that presents a broad spectrum of sophisticated suites and guestrooms. Hence, staying on the Beach Club side is perfect for families like you, presenting hassle-free access to the resort’s gorgeous and meandering pool.
3. Huntington City Beach in California
The 1,850 feet Huntington Beach Pier presents views of Newport Beach and Catalina Island. Did you know it has been the star of different sunset photographs and referred to as the Surf City USA? The southern California spot acquired its name after the iconic Hawaiian wave riders Duke Kahanamoku and George Freeth helped become the city into a surfing destination.
Open until ten in the evening, the three-mile stretch of white sand provides bonfire pits and volleyball courts, together with beach rentals and concession stands. You can also find all types of food there within walking distance of the beach, offering everything from Hawaiian seafood to tacos.
4. Myrtle Beach in South Carolina
You will find over sixty miles of fun-loaded public beach along with secluded scenes, parts embracing quaint beach towns, as well as seasonal paid parking. What’s more, you can lessen the price by renting Myrtle Beach oceanfront condos if you are considering staying there the whole season.
You will also find many fun-filled activities for you and your kids, like parasailing, fishing, SUP, kayaking, and boat tours, among other activities. While your children are having an amazing time of their lives, you can also look at Myrtle Beach oceanfront condos to make it your second home or permanent vacation spot. Isn’t it amazing?
5. Inn by the Sea in Maine
Inn by the Sea mixes eco-luxury along with the nautical charm and rugged beauty of coastal Maine, as it overlooks the soft sand and gentle surf of Crescent Beach. Families can take up residence in the Inn’s spacious and sunny seaside cottages and suites. Many of them provide ocean sceneries, kitchenettes, and big furnished balconies or decks.
When you stay here, your days will be loaded with traditional seashore fun. Some of the things you can include take a dip in the solar heated pool, fly kites on the beach, enjoy a naturalist-led beach walk, pedal out one of the local lighthouses or grab some beach cruisers. Your children will surely love understanding Maine’s marine ecosystems and juggling lessons.
6. Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort in Florida
This family beach resort destination is one of the best in the United States. In case you didn’t know, it’s a universe in itself and doesn’t need you to step out for anything. You’ll surely love the leisure time you will have with your families without thinking about any additional stuff.
You will find three different golf courses in the resort. What’s more, there are also twenty-three Har-True tennis courts, a luxury spa, and shopping stores. How awesome is that? The resort also features three and a half private beaches that your family can take advantage of in peace. The pool area is loaded with kid’s activities, a tequila bar, and restaurants too. In short, this is a wonderful resort, which will make you like to stay on for as long as your wallet will allow it.
7. Surfsand Cannon Beach in Oregon
This beach resort is located at the edge of the pristine Cannon Beach. You see, Surfsan Cannon Beach is a family-friendly resort offering scenic benefits such as movie night facilitates by a comprehensive DVD library. You will also find different board games, in-room lanterns for late-night walks on the beach, biking trips, and ice cream socials too.
Haystack Rock is a local landmark you will find here, which is very close to the resort. The place is home to tide pools that makes a simple and hassle-free setting for your children to discover the underwater realm.
8. Four Seasons Resort, The Baltimore Santa Barbara in California
Take note that Butterfly Beach is right outside Four Seasons Resort. That means you will have simple access to this majestic beach and enjoy activities by or in the water at the same time, such as surfing, paddleboarding, and kayaking.
Memberships into the Kids for All Seasons Club is complimentary, along with your say as well. Hence, your small ones will surely be occupied with activities such as arts and crafts, movies, swimming, tennis, and cookie making. If you crave something tasty, you can just go to Bella Vista for some sumptuous Italian-inspired cooking.
9. Kiawah Island Golf Resort in South Carolina
This resort will provide you some of the best family beach vacations you will experience in your life. As soon you enter this place, you will be awestruck by how much effort has been put into getting a genuine low-country vibe.
One of the major attractions of this place is its golf courses, which it has won accolades for. Nonetheless, there are excellent views this place providers aside from that. The resort encourages you to take in a while sitting on one of their plush loungers close to the saltwater pool.
10. Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort and Spa in Tennessee
The 100-acre DreamMore Resort and Spa is very much identical to the Dollywood theme park next door. It is filled with fun for the whole family. Many pools, a game room, a playground spa, a storytime around the fireplace, and restaurants serving hearty fare offers 24/7 entertainment for visitors of all ages.
The perks include free transportation to both parks and TimeSaver passes for expedited entrance, and early Saturday entry, among others. Guests can use their free shuttle services to discover Pigeon Forge or relax in some rugged recreation in the Great Smoky Mountains.
11. Nantucket Beaches– From the North Eastern shore of Massachusetts to the Western tip Nantucket has some of the finest beaches in the United States. It is a popular tourist destination during the summer and the population more than triples from June to August. Along the beaches you can find wonderful activities from fairs to smorgasbords. Your children will enjoy collecting unique seashells from the shore that you cannot find on any other beaches within the United States. Nantucket Island will provide your family with the ideal vacation spot for all your summer vacations.
12. Hilton Head Island– Located off the shore lines of South Carolina Hilton Head Island offers 14 miles of un-obstructed beach. On the island there are 8 different beach areas all which offer a unique experience. There are rest rooms, changing rooms, water fountains, sand showers, pay telephones and other amenities. The town has recently added mats designed to make the beach wheelchair accessible at this location. Life Guards rent beach equipment and most pets are welcome. Hilton Head is also a popular tourist attraction with an estimated 2.3 million visitors annually. The island offers a high number of cultural opportunities from Broadway quality plays to a Symphony Orchestra. There are many great camping locations near, or right on the beach. There are also several community festivals throughout the summer seasons. Additionally the island is home to 12 themed parks your family can enjoy while vacationing.
13. La Jolla Beach– In the western most part of the United States you will find La Jolla Beach off the cost of San Diego California. Spanish for “the jewel” this beach is truly the highlight of the city. It offers a sunny Mediterranean climate and some of the most beautiful beach settings in the United States. It is a great tourist spot for nature lovers because of its elegant sand stone cliffs that tower high above the crystal clear water. It is an ideal spot for snorkeling and even surfing. It is an ideal spot for families because it offers a gentle surf and water play ground for kids, and all areas of the beach are sandy and gentle. The town itself offers some of the best hotels, restraints and galleries in the state as well as top of the line spa treatments.
14. South Walton Beaches– Located in Florida this relaxing vacation spot will allow you to un wind and recharge. There is a 26 mile stretch of beaches along the North Western coast that can be separated into 15 communities: Seacape, Miramar, Sandestin, Dune Allen, Santa Rosa, Blue Mountain, Grayton, WaterColor, Seaside, Seagrove, WaterSound, Seacrest, Rosemary Beach, Inlet, and Aly’s Beach. All of the beaches have snow white sand and emerald green waters that attract a number of tourists every year. IT is also located near many state parks and forests that are ideal for hiking, fishing and even kayaking.
15. Cedar Point Beaches- Along side cedar point amusement park in Sandusky, Ohio this beach juts out on a narrow peninsula into Lake Erie. Your children will love the fun of the amusement park which is full of 75 different rides and includes four huge roller coasters. The beach is a mile long white sand beach that is paired with other outdoor and indoor water attractions.
Where did you choose?
So, which of these family beach vacation spots do you plan to visit soon? Share your thoughts with us by leaving your comments below!