Be it for traveling parents with twins or to help parents struggling to push one of their infants in a stroller while carrying another toddler simultaneously, double strollers come in handy for caregivers who have their hands full. However, finding the best models is key, with your best option depending on several factors. The variation in double strollers' design calls for cautious search, especially since you will be pushing your two babies in it. Below are the best double strollers on the market to consider as you go shopping to ease your search.
Reviews on the Best Double Stoller
1. UPPAbaby Vista Stroller – Best Premium Double Stroller
- Includes bassinet, full size front or rear facing toddler seat with multi-position recline, toddler seat rain and bug shields, and bassinet bug shield and storage bag
- Compatible with MESA Infant Car Seat - direct attachment, no adapters necessary; Compatible with select Chicco and Maxi-Cosi infant car seats when using adaptors (car seats and adaptors sold separately)
- Longer bassinet mattress pad with ventilation for added breathability
- One-step fold with or without seat attached
- Extendable sun canopy with SPF 50+ visor
The UPPAbaby Vista Stroller tops the list for the widely appealing class in its design. The stroller is made from high-quality materials, including 100% full-grain leather handlebar and bumper bar accents. Complementing the leather make are the colors of the seat and bassinet, which match, giving the unit a unique chic appearance.
The stroller also has plenty to offer in terms of features and accessories. The unit comes with one toddler seat, one bassinet with rain shields, and bug shields for both seats. The bassinet comes with a vented mattress pad, which provides both comforts and eliminates stuffiness. If you have to infants, consider purchasing a second bassinet.
All in all this UPPAbaby Vista Stroller is one of the best premium dual stroller in our list with its appealing classic design along with its numerous features and accessories.
2. Cynebaby Urban Twin Carriage – Best for All Terrains
- Satisfaction Guarantee❤Lifetime warranty. 100% full money return policy if you don’t want to keep it. Zero risk purchase.
- Safety First❤Passed ASTM F833 safety test. High quality eco-friendly fabric and non-toxic healthy plastic ( The child bit it in his mouth without worrying about toxic substances ); extremely stable frame; anti-rust and heavy-duty aluminum alloy tube; rapid braking system; stroller safety straps protect your child in all aspects.
- Features Point❤Large cargo storage basket ( convenient to place diaper bags, toys, or umbrella when you go out for a walk with your two kids ); 145-degree rotatable canopy and rear seat canopy extension prevent exposed sunlight and dust. Functional parent organizers help to place wallet, cup, cellphone. Stroller tray can be used as a snack plate.
- Unique Design❤The older child can stand on the rear board by themselves which makes them feel they have grown up. Or they can sit on the back seat when they are tired in walking. They can face forward or face backward when they are standing. Little child can upright sit or semi-reline in the front seat. Adjustable footrest make your little child more comfortable.
- More convenience❤Designed for two children of different ages. Easy to keep tabs on both children. Easy to fold. Can be placed in the trunk. Roll or navigate smoothly on all terrains. The front wheel can rotate 360 degree or orient in on direction. Pass through different kinds of doorways easily. Tray can be used as cup holder.
Parents who love outdoor excursions will find the Cynebaby Urban Twin Carriage a good choice. Becoming a parent doesn't mean that you hand your outdoor boots. The toughness and sturdy design of the Cynebaby Urban Twin Carriage mean that you can enjoy the outdoor marvels with your baby. The feature highlight of this stroller is the dual braking system that assures safety regardless of the terrain.
Apart from the efficient braking system, the front wheels are designed to complete a 360-degree rotation, providing fa flexible steering. You will also like the shock-absorbing suspension, which slows bumps and provides a smooth ride even in pebble pavements. Grown children can leverage the standing platform or the bench at the back as well.
With it's dual braking system and shock-absorbing suspension, the Cynebaby Urban Twin Carriage is one of the best all terrain in the market.
3. Joovy Caboose Ultralight Graphite Stroller – Best Lightweight Stroller
- The lightest weight, most compact, and maneuverable double stroller available allows your older child to sit and stand on the rear platform or bench seat. 22 pounds
- Includes parent organizer and a universal car seat adapter that fits most major brands. Check the Joovy website for the most recent list. Never allow a rear seated child to use the canopy as a hand hold
- New rear seat canopy extension protects the rear seated child. Also compatible with the Caboose Rear Seat that adds a full size, forward facing rear seat (if your older child is still too young to stand)
- Older children love to ride on the Caboose. It makes them feel more grown up and allows them to step on and off the stroller by themselves (your back will thank you)
- Rear canopy extension gives back seat rider protection, Material- 300D Polyester, Open Size- 38 x 21.25 x 42 inches(L W H), Folded Size- 45.25 x 21.25 x 10 inches(L W H), Stroller Weight- 23.5 pounds, Minimum Child Age- 3 months or from Birth with Car Seat Adapter, Maximum Child Weight- 45 pounds each seat, 90 pounds total
If you've been hesitating to purchase double strollers because of their weight, you haven't checked out the Joovy Caboose Ultralight Graphite Stroller. Most parents avoid purchasing heavy strollers for the simple reason that they are heavy to push. However, this stroller eliminates your worries. It also offers multiple rear seating positions that or makes the ride enjoyable to your child.
Your toddler can stand on the platform, sit on the bench, or install a front-facing seat for them to ride on. Additionally, you won't have to remove the seat when folding the stroller as it fits perfectly into the system. For its lightweight design, you get a compact stroller that seamlessly fits into the car. It also comes with a neoprene made parent organizer, which enables your kids to enjoy snacks while on transit.
If you are avoiding heavy strollers, then this Joovy Caboose Ultralight Graphite Stroller is the best choice for you. It's new graphite-colored aluminum frame is the perfect material for lightweight and durable strollers.
4. Britax B-Ready G3 Stroller – Best for Growing Families
- Versatile design, no flat rubber tires, and double seating with the same mobility as a single stroller
- Quick fold with 1 or 2 seats attached; 12 seating options when paired with the B Ready Bassinet, Britax Infant Car Seats, or B Ready Second Seat (all sold separately)
- Travel System ready: compatible with all Britax and BOB infant car seats
- Extra large UV 50+ canopy, adjustable handlebar, 4 recline positions, and oversized storage basket
- Fit: Birth to 55 pounds; maximum unfolded stroller dimensions 44 inch L x 24 inch W x 43.25 inch H
The Britax B-Ready G3 Stroller can save you the hassle of buying a single stroller when starting your family and a double stroller after your second baby. The unit easily converts into a tandem stroller, perfectly meeting the needs of your growing family. Even then, manufacturers recommend that your toddler can ride on the stroller seat once he/she is 6 months old. Before that, they should use the infant car seat or a bassinet.
Folding and unfolding the stroller is very easy. It also looks very stylish and sleek, with multiple color options to choose from. For great versatility, the Britax B-Ready G3 Stroller is compatible with various car seat brands, including the Nuna and Maxi-Cosi. However, you will need a car seat adapter to use them.
This Britax B-Ready G3 Stroller is a perfect choice if you are a parent who is looking to save money in the future with its convertible to a tandem stroller feature.
5. Baby Trend Sit N Stand Stroller – Best Stroller for Infant and Toddler
- Accommodates up to 2 children sitting in stroller seats, up to 2 in infant car seats,(sold separately) or one sitting and one standing
- Stroller allows your older child to stand on the rear platform or sit on the rear seat. Features two removable cup holders
- Stroller accommodates 2 children up to 50 pounds each. Front/Back Seat: Sit upright unassisted 50 lbs or 40 Inch. Jump Seat: 2 1/2 years 50 lbs
- Large basket, and compact fold for easy transport and storage. JPMA Certified; BPA Free
- Accommodates up to 2 children sitting in stroller seats, up to 2 in infant car seats, or one sitting and one standing
The Baby Trend Sit N Stand Stroller is a versatile double stroller with impeccable features. It accommodates infants and regular seats comfortably with a standing platform for toddlers. The stroller package includes two regular seats, each with a five-point harness, a standing platform, and a bench.
You will have to purchase infant seats separately. However, the stroller is compatible with infant seats from Baby Trend and other major brands. The unit comes with removable ratcheting canopies, which provide easy viewing of toddlers. It also makes cleaning easier.
In conclusion, this Baby Trend Sit N Stand Stroller is a versatile stroller which makes it perfect for infants and toddlers since it can accommodate both with is regular seats and standing platform.
How to Buy the Best Double Stroller
Finding the best double stroller depends on several factors. Consider the following before making a purchase decision;
- Children's age – are you buying a double stroller for twins or one toddler and a baby? The age determines a lot of features to consider when looking for a double stroller. For instance, with age, you can consider the stroller's weight limits, reclining seat, standing boards, and car seat compatibility.
- Stroller size – double strollers are known for their heavy weight. However, several lightweight models can make carting your children easy.
- Your lifestyle – consider where you live, what you do, and how you intend to use the stroller. Consider such primary situations before making a decision.
- Functionality – go for a stroller that is easy to push, folds easily, portable, and has a reliable braking system.
- Budget – double strollers are an important investment. Therefore, consider how much you are willing to spend before shopping.
Traveling, shopping, or strolling with more than one child is challenging. While one may demand to be carried, the other might sleep. As such, finding the best accommodative double stroller is essential. You can choose from side-by-side double strollers, convertible, or in-line double strollers. Each type has its own pros and cons, which you should consider before making a purchase.
Last update on 2022-01-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API