Mountain Biking is an exciting sport that can be enjoyed anywhere there is a trail. Here our some great spots to visit right in your own backyard.
- The Sunset Ridge Trail on Mount Mansfield in Burlington, Vermont. Ascend the rocky ridge to Vermont’s highest peak on the Sunset Ridge Trail. It is rated difficult, so be ready for a workout. This trail is especially pretty in Vermont’s legendary autumn.
- The Appalachian Trail: Woody Gap to Neels Gap in Suches Georgia. This trail is of moderate to severe difficulty and showcases some of Georgia’s truly beautiful scenery. It is also the sight of an ancient battle with Native Americans in the 1600’s which aptly named the two peaks on the ride Bloody Mountain and Slaughter Mountain.
- The Blue Hills Reservation Trail Boston Massachusetts. This scenic trail is a mere ten miles south of downtown Boston and is of moderate to strenuous difficulty. It highlights many of the beautiful geographic features of the Blue Hills and offers frequent observation areas and varied flora and fauna.
- Eagle Creek Trail to Wahtum Lake in Dodson, Oregon. Rated easy to difficult, this trail offers some of the most waterfall sightings in the Columbia Gorge. It can be done as a day ride or even as a backpacking adventure.
- Havasu Canyon Trail in Seligman Arizona. This exciting ride features one side of the Grand Canyon and the Havasupai people who still reside here far from the bustle of modern life. The skill level required is moderate.